Bay City Chamber of Commerce & Agriculture
The mission of the Bay City Chamber of Commerce & Agriculture is to promote and advance the interests of the Bay City business and agricultural communities. These goals are accomplished by encouraging growth of existing businesses and industries, providing assistance to new firms or individuals seeking to locate in Bay City, and advocating legislative and political actions beneficial to the business or general community. The Chamber also supports and encourages those cultural and civic activities that improve or expand the quality of life in Bay City.
Why Should You Join the Bay City Chamber?
- Exposure for your business.
- Two free Email Blasts to membership within your first year of membership.
- Involvement opportunities including various active committees.
- Promotion for your business through the Chamberís Business Directory, website, newsletter and direct referrals.
- Networking with other members at Chamber functions such as Monthly Mixers, committee meetings, and community and special events.
- Participation in seminars and workshops.
- Opportunities to purchase mailing lists or labels for your company mailings.
- Grand opening and ribbon cutting ceremonies for your new businesses or relocations.
- Opportunities to display your promotional materials in the Chamber lobby.
- Opportunities to participate in business-related projects such as the Industrial Trade Show and Purchasing Agents Seminar.
- Membership plaque identifying you as a recommended business.
- Email updates from the Chamber on the latest breaking news concerning the county, and upcoming networking and workshop opportunities.
- When dealing with the public, Chamber members are ALWAYS recommended FIRST.
2023 Executive Board
- Chairman of the Board
Mark Bookmyer, LyondellBasell
- Chairman Elect
Danyel Biggerstaff, First State Bank
Matthew Gullet, Tenaris Bay City
- Immediate Past Chair
Amanda Sitka, STP Nuclear Operating Company
2023 Board of Directors
Jason Childers, Southwest Funding
Christie Dement, Van Vleck Independent School District
John Dickerson, Edward Jones
Chrystal Folse, Schulman’s Movie Bowl Grille
Eric Gardner, Jackson Electric Cooperative
Bruce Krauskopf, Matagorda Construction & Materials
Shea Krauskopf, Wadler, Perches, Hundl & Kerlick
Ted Lieb, Gillen Pest Control
Scott Lowry, United Rentals
Sydney McCreary, Capital Farm Credit
Dr. Dwight McHazlett, Jr., Bay City Independent School District
Warren Robicheaux, Matagorda Regional Medical Center
David Scott, Underground Services Markham
Vee Strauss, CEM, AEP Texas
Lindsey Vance, Angels Care Hospice
Eric Wright, OQ Chemicals Corporation
Bobby Seiferman, Judge, Matagorda County
Robert Nelson, Mayor, City of Bay City
Mike Ferdinand, Executive Director, Matagorda County Economic Development Corporation
Jessica Russell, Executive Director, Bay City Community Development Corporation
Jill Westmoreland, President, Bay City Independent School District Board of Directors
- President & CEO, Mitch Thames, IOM
- Vice President, Irene Bishop, IOM
- Educational Activities
- Special Events
- Annual Banquet
- Golf Tournament
- Live Oak Tree Sale
- June & December Market Day
- Matagorda County Day in Austin
- New Teacher Breakfast
- Chamber Movie Night
- Ag Producers Breakfast
- Grand Opening Ribbon Cuttings
- Business After Hours Social
- Chamber Luncheons
- Banana Split Socials at High Schools